Reminiscent of New England beach huts, each house features real shingle roofs and lapboard sides and a silvered hole protector. It is perfect for small bird species such as blue tits, coal tits, marsh tits, etc. and delightful addition to your garden.
The nest box should be sited on a tree, wall or garden fitting at least 1.5m – 2.5m above the ground, preferably in a place where cats and predators cannot access it. The ideal aspect is facing east, SE and NE are also fine. The box should be left empty as wild birds will bring their own nest material into the box.
Nesting is most likely during April and May, and in the event of chicks hatching, there will be frenetic feeding activity by the parent birds. Take care not to disturb during this time as any intervention may result in the parent birds' eggs or young being abandoned.
The nest boxes are made from slow-seasoned FSC timber and may be painted annually with matching water-based paints to maintain their appearance. The nest box may be cleaned out of any old nesting material and disinfected with a suitable product such as Wildkleen outside of the breeding season (Sept to Feb). To open, swing the brass catch to the upright position and pivot the nest box side by opening it at the bottom.
Dimensions: 245 x 215 x 175 mm.
Garden Wildlife makes every effort to ensure that the goods you ordered get to you undamaged and in a timely fashion.
Please check the estimated delivery period for individual products on their respective website page and please feel free to contact us with any questions before ordering.
Currently dispatching on Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
- In the main season, orders placed by 11am on a working day are sent the next working day, excluding Friday (or the Thursday before Easter).
- During low season we will amend the days orders are shipped. The dispatch days are normally:
- March - Twice weekly Tuesday and Thursday
- April to Mid-August - 4 days per week Monday to Thursday
- Mid-August and September - Twice weekly Tuesday and Thursday
- October to February - Once per week on Tuesday
- Due to the volume of orders being handled, we are unlikely to be able to amend or cancel an order if it has already been picked and packaged. Once in this status, the order will be shipped and invoiced accordingly.
- Our couriers will leave orders in a cool shaded area if there is no one at the address provided, or with a neighbour if possible.
We aim to dispatch orders within 3 working days (Monday to Friday).
Some specialist products such as our larger insect houses, furniture and niche bird boxes are made to order and may have a lead time of 2-6 weeks.
We will always send you as much tracking information as possible regarding your order.
Our team is also available to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org should you need us.