With All Orders Over £199
The original design, Solitary Bee Hive, made it even better with an opening lid to see inside! The bee nester is constructed in durable FSC-certified timber with additional stacking trays, which You can open for inspection and cleaning. Always a friend to the gardener; attracting solitary bees to the garden is safe and beneficial to pollinating flowers, fruit and vegetables.
The hole sizes of this habitat are precisely specified to attract non-swarming bees like the Red Mason Bee, Leafcutter Bee and other solitary bees. These friendly bees are industrious and safe around children and pets. The bees are naturally attracted to holes in wood, and the Wildlife World solitary beehive provides a habitat that has become harder to find in modern gardens.
Fascinating and great for education, you can carefully separate the beehive trays to view the formation of small cells where the eggs are laid or predators have been active.
- NEW FEATURE the roof section flips up to reveal a perspex-covered tray, allowing frequent, easy monitoring of bee nesting activity and larvae development
- Site in a sunny position facing between south to the south-east to catch some morning sun
- Mounting height between ground level and 1.5m
- No chemical treatments are needed as the habitat is made from durable FSC-certified timber
- You may inspect stacking trays after bee activity has ceased (Autumn/Winter)
- Protect full bee tubes with mesh to prevent predation by woodpeckers
Dimensions: 210 x 180 x 155 mm
Materials: FSC timber, Perspex
Colour: Natural pale timber
Special Features: Unique design enabling safe and non-invasive viewing