This is our latest decorative bird nest box for small birds in the style of a traditional dovecote.
The roof has handmade timber shingles topped with a white finial. Black steel hopes around the flat-backed nest box offer structural stability—water-based white paint finish.
The box has a keyhole slot for hanging and an opening back for the nest box's annual cleaning. The design is strong and sturdy and made of FSC certified timber. As a result, little maintenance is needed. Paint annually with water-based paint to maintain a tip-top appearance.
The box is suitable for small hole-nesting species such as blue tits.
Ideally, it would be best if you situated your Dovecote Nest Box so that the hole faces North, North-East away from the prevailing weather conditions. Site the nest box on a tree, wall, fence or building at least 1.5m – 2m above the ground. Situated away from easy access by cats and predators.
Dimensions: 470 x 260 x 160 mm
Garden Wildlife makes every effort to ensure that the goods you ordered get to you undamaged and in a timely fashion.
Please check the estimated delivery period for individual products on their respective website page and please feel free to contact us with any questions before ordering.
Currently dispatching on Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
- In the main season, orders placed by 11am on a working day are sent the next working day, excluding Friday (or the Thursday before Easter).
- During low season we will amend the days orders are shipped. The dispatch days are normally:
- March - Twice weekly Tuesday and Thursday
- April to Mid-August - 4 days per week Monday to Thursday
- Mid-August and September - Twice weekly Tuesday and Thursday
- October to February - Once per week on Tuesday
- Due to the volume of orders being handled, we are unlikely to be able to amend or cancel an order if it has already been picked and packaged. Once in this status, the order will be shipped and invoiced accordingly.
- Our couriers will leave orders in a cool shaded area if there is no one at the address provided, or with a neighbour if possible.
We aim to dispatch orders within 3 working days (Monday to Friday).
Some specialist products such as our larger insect houses, furniture and niche bird boxes are made to order and may have a lead time of 2-6 weeks.
We will always send you as much tracking information as possible regarding your order.
Our team is also available to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org should you need us.