Our giant mealworms are a great treat for visiting wild birds, hedgehogs, frogs, and other amphibians. They are very high in protein, quite high in fat, and make a hearty meal. Our giant mealworms are dispatched direct from the breeder and will be gut loaded before packing to make sure that they are as nutritious as possible on arrival.
This product will be delivered in a white plastic weave bag with some insulation inside. The insulation is usually bran-based or light paper depending on the weather. The insulation cushions some of the movement in transit and allows movement within the bag. The plastic mesh bag allows air in and out of the bag while keeping the risk of escape low. During the summer months, the outer cardboard box may also include perforations to keep them cool while in colder months we may include a plain white heat pack.
You'll love them because:
- We guarantee freshness or your money back
- They are farm bred in ethical conditions.
- They are pre-fed to ensure they are as healthy and nutritious as possible
- Delivered straight to your door in good time.
If you want to keep the giant mealworms as nutritious as possible we would recommend you continue to feed them on a nutritious vegetable diet or with insect foods.
- Size: 40-60 mm in length
Garden Wildlife makes every effort to ensure that the goods you ordered get to you undamaged and in a timely fashion.
Please check the estimated delivery period for individual products on their respective website page and please feel free to contact us with any questions before ordering.
Currently dispatching on Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
- In the main season, orders placed by 11am on a working day are sent the next working day, excluding Friday (or the Thursday before Easter).
- During low season we will amend the days orders are shipped. The dispatch days are normally:
- March - Twice weekly Tuesday and Thursday
- April to Mid-August - 4 days per week Monday to Thursday
- Mid-August and September - Twice weekly Tuesday and Thursday
- October to February - Once per week on Tuesday
- Due to the volume of orders being handled, we are unlikely to be able to amend or cancel an order if it has already been picked and packaged. Once in this status, the order will be shipped and invoiced accordingly.
- Our couriers will leave orders in a cool shaded area if there is no one at the address provided, or with a neighbour if possible.
We aim to dispatch orders within 3 working days (Monday to Friday).
Some specialist products such as our larger insect houses, furniture and niche bird boxes are made to order and may have a lead time of 2-6 weeks.
We will always send you as much tracking information as possible regarding your order.
Our team is also available to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org should you need us.