This Ladybird Heaven Seed Mix from Meadow in my Garden has been carefully formulated to attract ladybirds, beloved by gardeners as a natural predator of aphids. These beneficial insects consume up to 150 aphids per day, making them an invaluable asset to any garden.
- Sow into loosely dug bare soil
- Coverage: 3 square metres
- Average height: 80cm
- Plant in sun or partial shade
- Soil type: loam, dry, clay
- Sow between March and June
- Blooms 6-8 weeks after sowing
- 3-4 months average flowering period
- 28 annual & perennial species
This mix contains a diverse selection of brightly colored cottage garden plants, specifically chosen for their importance in preserving the environment. When planted together, they produce clusters of wildflower-like blooms that attract and supply pollinators with a consistent food source across multiple months. Directly sow into prepared soil for optimal growth. Perfect for creating wildlife-friendly gardens, community spaces, and urban ecosystems.
Flowers included in each box:
- Achillea millefolium 'Yarrow'
- Calendula officinalis 'Pot Marigold'
- Bidens aurea
- Borago officinalis 'Borage'
- Centaurea cyanus 'Cornflower'
- Chrysanthemum leucanthemum 'Oxeye Daisy'
- Cosmos bipinnatus 'Garden Cosmos'
- Delphinium consolida 'Forking Larkspur'
- Echium plantagineum 'Viper’s Bugloss'
- Hyssopus officinalis 'Hyssop'
- Linaria maroccana 'Moroccan Toadflax'
- Linum grandiflorum 'Flowering Flax'
- Coreopsis tinctoria 'Dyer’s Tickseed'
- Zinnia dahlia
Our packaging is made from FSC recycled cardboard and environmentally friendly inks. The seed bags are comprised of biodegradable waxed paper or compostable starch, ensuring optimal seed preservation during storage. Seed packs are prepared with organic husks, making them convenient for distribution.
Garden Wildlife makes every effort to ensure that the goods you ordered get to you undamaged and in a timely fashion.
Please check the estimated delivery period for individual products on their respective website page and please feel free to contact us with any questions before ordering.
Currently dispatching on Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
- In the main season, orders placed by 11am on a working day are sent the next working day, excluding Friday (or the Thursday before Easter).
- During low season we will amend the days orders are shipped. The dispatch days are normally:
- March - Twice weekly Tuesday and Thursday
- April to Mid-August - 4 days per week Monday to Thursday
- Mid-August and September - Twice weekly Tuesday and Thursday
- October to February - Once per week on Tuesday
- Due to the volume of orders being handled, we are unlikely to be able to amend or cancel an order if it has already been picked and packaged. Once in this status, the order will be shipped and invoiced accordingly.
- Our couriers will leave orders in a cool shaded area if there is no one at the address provided, or with a neighbour if possible.
We aim to dispatch orders within 3 working days (Monday to Friday).
Some specialist products such as our larger insect houses, furniture and niche bird boxes are made to order and may have a lead time of 2-6 weeks.
We will always send you as much tracking information as possible regarding your order.
Our team is also available to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org should you need us.