The Terracotta Pot Company Fraouliera Cretan Pot has been crafted on the island of Crete using the finest local clay, employing age-old techniques and styles that have remained unaltered for almost 4000 years. These frost-proof pots create a magnificent and larger-than-life ambiance in any garden.
The Fraouliera is a highly versatile Terracotta pot, aesthetically enhanced with plant pockets on its sides, allowing for a wonderful display of creativity and beauty. Perfect for growing strawberries or herbs.
Terracotta pots and planters are the perfect habitat for plants, providing a cool, protective, and breathable environment that fosters healthy root growth.
Each pot is meticulously shaped on a potter's wheel, followed by kiln firing and a 24-hour 'quenching' process with water. These well-established practices grant the pots exceptional durability, making them frost-resistant down to -20°C and heat-resistant up to 50°C.
A finishing touch involves a clear silicone spray, creating a water-repellent barrier to prevent moisture from infiltrating and damaging the pot.
Being individually handcrafted, each pot boasts subtle variations in shape, thickness, and finish, accentuating its unique charm. As time goes on, mineral salts in the clay naturally emerge to the surface, further enhancing the pot's character.
This pot is covered by Terracotta Pot Company's 50-year frost proof guarantee when registered after purchase.
We include the relevant set of feet for your terracotta pot for FREE with each order. To ensure that the pot remains in good condition and to qualify for the frost proof guarantee it must be mounted on these feet.
Please note that due to their handmade nature, all measurements are approximate and may vary slightly.
Dimensions: 27cm high x 33cm diameter.
Garden Wildlife makes every effort to ensure that the goods you ordered get to you undamaged and in a timely fashion.
Please check the estimated delivery period for individual products on their respective website page and please feel free to contact us with any questions before ordering.
Currently dispatching on Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
- In the main season, orders placed by 11am on a working day are sent the next working day, excluding Friday (or the Thursday before Easter).
- During low season we will amend the days orders are shipped. The dispatch days are normally:
- March - Twice weekly Tuesday and Thursday
- April to Mid-August - 4 days per week Monday to Thursday
- Mid-August and September - Twice weekly Tuesday and Thursday
- October to February - Once per week on Tuesday
- Due to the volume of orders being handled, we are unlikely to be able to amend or cancel an order if it has already been picked and packaged. Once in this status, the order will be shipped and invoiced accordingly.
- Our couriers will leave orders in a cool shaded area if there is no one at the address provided, or with a neighbour if possible.
We aim to dispatch orders within 3 working days (Monday to Friday).
Some specialist products such as our larger insect houses, furniture and niche bird boxes are made to order and may have a lead time of 2-6 weeks.
We will always send you as much tracking information as possible regarding your order.
Our team is also available to contact at email@example.com should you need us.