Around 25% of hedgehogs do not survive from one year to the next. The possible reasons include; modern agricultural techniques, poison slug pellets, general pesticides, garden tools and bonfires, road deaths, and an absence of safe habitats.
The Wildlife World Hedgehog Retreat is designed to be a safe retreat for hedgehogs. It features a sturdy, rust-proofed steel frame with an FSC waterproof lining, an integrated predator defence tunnel, and an attractive woven natural material finish.
Locate the retreat within some cover, out of the prevailing wind, preferably in an area with nearby vegetation. Pile leaves or foliage around the house for further camouflage and insulation. If boisterous dogs or badgers are in the area, the retreat may be anchored down for extra security using 2-4 tent pegs hooked over the metal frame and pushed into the ground.
All wildlife products should be checked annually for damage, loose elements, and cleanliness during winter. MAKE SURE THE RETREAT IS NOT IN USE BEFORE THE ANNUAL INSPECTION
Not suitable for sick or rescued hedgehogs that require regular inspection. If feeding hedgehogs always leave a bowl of fresh water out.
As omnivores, hedgehogs will eat almost anything they come across. Hedgehogs are very much the gardener’s friend, eating those invertebrates such as slugs, beetles, earwigs and caterpillars, which the gardener loves to hate. Hedgehogs also love worms and will eat millipedes that many predators find distasteful.
Garden Wildlife makes every effort to ensure that the goods you ordered get to you undamaged and in a timely fashion.
Please check the estimated delivery period for individual products on their respective website page and please feel free to contact us with any questions before ordering.
Currently dispatching on Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
- In the main season, orders placed by 11am on a working day are sent the next working day, excluding Friday (or the Thursday before Easter).
- During low season we will amend the days orders are shipped. The dispatch days are normally:
- March - Twice weekly Tuesday and Thursday
- April to Mid-August - 4 days per week Monday to Thursday
- Mid-August and September - Twice weekly Tuesday and Thursday
- October to February - Once per week on Tuesday
- Due to the volume of orders being handled, we are unlikely to be able to amend or cancel an order if it has already been picked and packaged. Once in this status, the order will be shipped and invoiced accordingly.
- Our couriers will leave orders in a cool shaded area if there is no one at the address provided, or with a neighbour if possible.
We aim to dispatch orders within 3 working days (Monday to Friday).
Some specialist products such as our larger insect houses, furniture and niche bird boxes are made to order and may have a lead time of 2-6 weeks.
We will always send you as much tracking information as possible regarding your order.
Our team is also available to contact at email@example.com should you need us.